Company : Cisco
Location : Bangalore
Job Role : Engineer - Software Developer
Experience : 3+ yrs
Qualification : BE/B.Tech/MS/M.Tech
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. At Cisco, customers come first and an integral part of our DNA is creating long-lasting customer partnerships and working with them to identify their needs and provide solutions that support their success.
Job Description :
1. Work as a developer who develops new features on the web security product line.
2. Passionate about being a hands-on developer and enjoys developing features with high quality.
3. Work closely with an agile cross functional team of Product Managers, Technical Leads, Architects, Customer Support to understand the real customer problem and come up with the right solution to solve the customer needs.
4. Collaborate with other developers and test engineers on the design, development and testing of the features.
5. Extend capabilities in existing systems to cater to new security threats.
Qualification/Experience: Typically requires Bachelors (B.E/B.Tech) in Computer Science/Information Systems with 3+ years of related experience or Masters (M.S/M.Tech) in Computer Science/Information Systems combined with 1+ years of related experience.
1. Strong experience in C, C++ and/or python.
2. Strong experience with Linux system programming.
3. Strong networking and L7 (HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP etc) protocol knowledge
4. Experience in developing features related protocol inspection engines, header parsing, buffer management in a Unix environment
5. Experience in message passing, inter-process communication, event handling, configuration and logging
6. Experience in Unix/Linux/FreeBSD based environments
7. Experience in unit test methodologies and agile working environment
8. Experience working with geographically distributed teams
9. Experience mentoring and guiding junior engineers
1. Prior experience in web proxy, web servers, high performance logging
2. Working knowledge of authentication schemes like LDAP/AD, Kerberos, RADIUS
3. Understanding of the latest web protocol trends like SPDY, MTCP
4. Strong debugging and system skills
5. Multi-threading and multi-processing concepts