Company : Amazon
Location : Bangalore
Job Role : Application Engineer
Experience : 2+ yrs
Qualification : Bachelors Degree
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects with lots of opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you.
Job Description :
1. Provide first level of support for handling tickets, operational issues from production services
2. Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines
3. Work on maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, and Java based projects
4. Software deployment support in staging and production environments
5. Develop tools and automate manual operational tasks and easy maintenance of our services
6. Build monitoring metrics dashboard, and report System health and Support status metrics
7. Work with partner product teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and to create a team specific knowledge base and skill set
8. Responsible for infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, costs reduction, configuration, high availability and server virtualization.
9. Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
Qualification: A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of software development/support/ devops experience
1. Solid experience in one of the scripting languages such as bash, Perl, or Python
2. Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
3. Experience with multi-tier distributed systems involving load balancers, caching layers and real-time event processing.
4. Experience in building dashboards and aggregating metrics
5. Exposure to large-scale systems and application architectures
6. Experience in building, deploying and maintaining production application on cloud based platforms (like AWS)
7. Experience on any of the devOps popular tools like Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes and containers etc.