Company : Amdocs
Location : Gurgaon
Job Role : DB Administrator
Experience : 3+ yrs
Qualification : Any Graduate
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :Amdocs is the market leader in customer experience software solutions and services for the world’s largest communications, cable, entertainment and media service providers. For more than 30 years, Amdocs solutions, which include BSS, OSS, network control, optimization and network functions virtualization, coupled with professional.
Job Description :
1. You will support the following levels: Physical – you will be responsible for the physical and technical oriented aspects e.g. storage, security, networking and more; Application – you will handles all application-related issues (e.g. queries, users, embedded SQL’s etc.)
2. You will ensure database resources are sized properly and a design strategy is developed to make sure that the database is maintained at a healthy size.
3. You will ensure availability and performance of multi database and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
4. You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
5. You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure optimal performance.
6. You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
7. You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity).
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience as a DBA in large environment.
1. Experience as DBA - Oracle 10g, 11g, 12g - database management and architecture
2. Experience with Oracle 10, 11, 12 RAC and ASM
3. Desirable experience : MSSQL 2005/8/12
4. You will have the ability to work with Linux/Unix and Windows based OS Environment
5. Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
6. Extensive operation systems knowledge
7. Network architecture knowledge
8. Experience in working and configuration of storage (IBM/EMC/Netapp).