Company : EFI
Location : Bangalore
Job Role : Technical Writer
Experience : 2 - 5 yrs
Qualification : CS Degree
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :EFI is leading the transformation from analog to digital imaging with scalable, digital, award-winning products. Based in Silicon Valley, California with offices around the world, EFI helps businesses and enterprises work more productively and cost-effectively with an integrated product portfolio consisting of industrial inkjet printers and inks, powerful digital front ends, precise color management tools, eCommerce, web-to-print and productivity software for business automation, and mobile and cloud printing products.
Job Description :
1. Plan, organize, develop, and maintain customer-facing documentation.
2. Verify content accuracy through hands-on testing.
3. Proof read and copy edit content.
4. Participate in product design and status meetings as a member of agile development teams.
5. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of departmental practices and procedures.
6. Participate in corporate initiatives.
Qualification: A Degree in a related field such as English, Technical Communications, or Computer Science.
Experience: Minimum 2 - 5 years experience as a technical writer developing software and/or hardware documentation.
1. Familiarity with XML authoring tools and topic-based information development/DITA concepts highly desired.
2. Hands-on experience in working with variables, conditional text, and single-sourcing techniques within an XML environment also highly desired.
3. Experience with LiveContent Architect/Trisoft is a plus.
4. Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and FTP clients desired.
5. Excellent command of FrameMaker is a plus.
6. Knowledge of Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop desired.
7. Familiarity with print and color technologies a definite plus.