Company : ThoughtWorks
Location : Mumbai
Job Role : UI Developer
Experience : 3+ yrs
Qualification : Any Graduate
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :We are a software company and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
Job Description :
1. Work with all kinds of crazy developers, obsessive BA's and demanding clients to design and build new features.
2. Pairing with UX designers to build out design concepts and interactive prototypes
3. Pairing with developers to ensure that the presentation layer is implemented in accordance with best above best practices and UX specifications
5. Produce clean, semantic HTML and CSS, agonizing along the way for pixel perfection.
6. Ensure cross-browser compatibility.
7. Make things shrink, twist, rotate, run across the page and fade (tastefully).
8. Build simple, blindingly simple interfaces and believe that writing maintainable CSS goes beyond good class names.
9. Believe that disabled and visually challenged users have a right to use the web as easily as everyone else.
1. You don ' t restrict yourself only to HTML 4/ CSS 2 , but strongly believe that HTML5/CSS3 are new HTML/CSS .
2. Understanding of the difference between an interface, a class and an object and comprehension of cascaded inheritance, prototype-based inheritance etc.
3. Knowledge of what the following have in common: trident, gecko, and WebKit.
4. Created good abstractions that actually get reused
5. Considerable ability to be hard-headed about markup quality
6. That PhotoShop, Flash, Flex, and SilverLight are just some of the things you've tried on your road to us.
7. Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
8. Understand RESTful APIs and comfortable developing and consuming them.
9. GIT (or a subversioning tool) is a part of your daily coding.