Company : MSCI
Location : Mumbai
Job Role : Database Administrator - Oracle
Experience : Freshers / Experience
Qualification : B.S. Degree
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :We are an independent provider of research-driven insights and tools for institutional investors. We have deep expertise in the areas of risk and performance measurement that is based on more than 40 years of academic research, real-world experience and collaboration with our clients.
Job Description :
1. Manage an Oracle 12c and 11.2 centralized Database Platform for all MSCI business lines with extremely high availability requirements.
2. Migrate the existing Platform to the current engineered Standard of Oracle 12c, Active Dataguard, RAC and Pure Storage, using Pure Storage Snaps for fast Test and Dev refreshes
3. Work closely with Application developers in Berkeley, NY, Geneva and Mumbai to contribute contextual technical knowledge to their Oracle database applications.
4. Actively participate in solutions architecture, product engineering and continual service improvement
5. Advocate effective use of Oracle database technology at MSCI across multiple business lines.
Qualification: B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
1. Oracle DBA Skills
2. Linux Operating system knowledge
1. Experience in Oracle 11g-12c database administration, design and development with large mission critical databases in a real time production environment.
2. Deep understanding of Oracle fundamentals: Memory Management, ASM, Backup/Recovery; HA & DR using Dataguard, Clusterware and RAC, License Management, Cloud Control
3. Strong command of solving Server and Application performance tuning
4. Knowledge of Linux memory management
5. Experience working in a financial services environment or other regulated environment.
6. Oracle 12c Multi-tenant; VMWare