Company : American Express
Location : Gurgaon
Job Role : Big Data Engineer
Experience : Freshers/Experience
Qualification : Bachelors Degree
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans "Deal-aying" Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
Job Description :
1. Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
2. Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
3. Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices wrt tools, common components, and documentation
4. Typically spends 80% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
5. Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other Amex systems and platforms within the supported domains
6. Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
7. Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement - Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
8. Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
9. Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
1. Software development experience with proven hands-on experience in Bigdata technologies
2. Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
3. Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
4. Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
5. Displays understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application in the Customer Marketing domain.
6. Strong programming knowledge in Java/Python (Preferred) or C / Java
7. Experience working on any Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, Cloudera, Hortonworks and have at least coded in Hive, Pig, Java M/R, Spark for 2 years or more, will be an added advantage.
8. Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patters will be a plus
9. Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting