Company : Guavus
Location : Gurgaon
Job Role : Sr. Data Scientist
Experience : 3 - 5 yrs
Qualification : B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/MSc
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :Guavus has always been at the forefront of big data analytics innovation. We fundamentally believe that in order for businesses to become truly data-driven enterprises there needs to be a new model for analyzing the massive petabytes of data that are being generated on networks and through sensors and devices.
Job Description :
1. Work with terabytes of structured and semi-structured data sets
2. Do a literature survey and identify state of the art techniques to solve the problem
3. Quickly design and conduct experiments to showcase proof of value.
4. Build predictive models using R / Python and then translate the code into java /scala libraries.
5. Work closely with other team members in converting the business problem definition into a robust scalable working product and add ML capability into the core product line.
6. Should be able to prioritize, organize, and manage a substantial workload.
Education: PhD / B.Tech / B.E / M.Tech / MSc in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics.
Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in analyzing large volumes of data in building predictive models is desirable.
1. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background with strong Hands on Knowledge of Python, R, Java OR Scala.
2. Have knowledge of data mining techniques such as outlier detection, classification, regression, prediction, hypothesis testing.
3. Understands the core concepts of pattern recognition and computational learning.
4. Help build a knowledge base of analytical model.
5. Good understanding of data structures and design patterns will be an added advantage.
6. Hands on knowledge of Map-Reduce, Hadoop and Spark will be a big plus.