Company : Logicsoft
Location : New Delhi
Job Role : Microsoft Database Administrator
Experience : 3 - 4 yrs
Qualification : B.Tech/MCA
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :Logicsoft founded in 1995 in New Delhi by a team of entrepreneurs from prestigious engineering institutions of India to consult, design, develop, implement and support the then emerging Internet space in India.
Job Description :
1. Expertise on Installation, Backup, Restores/ refreshes, etc.
2. Must have worked on Log shipping, Replication, DB Mirroring, Migration, performance tuning, Cluster environment and DTS/SSIS.
3. Expertise in mentoring and coaching peers.
4. Ability to deal with conflicting deadlines on a regular basis when managing work packages associated with projects.
5. Proven experience in Database Technologies and able to Architect / Design / implement a DB solution which meet client requirement of High Availability, Performance and Reliability in one or more of the following, Oracle, DB2 UDB, MS SQLServer, Sybase and Informix.
6. Good working knowledge of Windows Server/2008/2012 Operating environments.
7. Ability to utilize various tools to provide system management functions such as: system backup/recovery, code promotion, system monitoring.
8. Ability to perform software upgrades, and apply patches.
9. Ability to formulate overall strategies and support development effort in areas of major difficulties and organizational complexity.
10. Risk awareness is vital. A simple change can have major unintended consequences.
11. Recognized Leadership/Management skills for working in a stressful environment.
Qualifications: B.Tech/MCA Degree with strong exposure to Microsoft Technologies
Experience: The person should have a total work experience of 3 to 4 years, with extensive experience as DBA for Microsoft SQL Server.
1. Should have high exposure level to log shipping, performance tuning, managing clusters, backup & recovery and query optimization.
2. Substantive (3 - 4 years) experience providing database administration in the following environments - MS SQL Server 2008/2012.