Company : American Express
Location : Bangalore
Job Role : Engineer - Bigdata
Experience : 3+ yrs
Qualification : Bachelors/Masters Degree
Last Date : ASAP
About Company :American Express Plans Live Audio Webcast of the Fourth Quarter 2015 Earnings Conference Call Most Americans "Deal-aying" Holiday Shopping American Express Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend American Express Serve® Expands Largest Free Cash Reload Network(1) in U.S.
Job Description :
1. Help formulate and enforce best practices, ensure great test coverage for all projects.
2. Incorporate DevOps practices in day to day work. Ensure Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for all the projects owned by your team.
3. Work on proof of concepts on new tools and technologies to assess their feasibility for the Amex big data platform.
4. Support and help deliver critical initiatives that rely on the Amex Enterprise Big Data Warehouse.
5. Design, gather and present quality metrics to quantify the benefit of all the changes on the platform.
Qualification: Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
Experience: 1. 3+ years of software development experience in: Spark, Scala, Hive,SQLand Unix.
1. 3+ years of software development experience in: Spark, Scala, Hive,SQLand Unix.
2. 2+ years of Linux Experience. Ideally you have contributed to Open Source projects
1. Good understanding of big data technologies such as Mapreduce, YARN, Zookeeper. Preferably, with some real world experience.
2. Good understanding of any of ETL tools, Preferably Datastage.
3. Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
4. Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential At the core of Software Engineering.